trade references to establish credit-worthiness. Hire purchase is also valuable to retailers and manufacturers to boost sales. This article suggests that, as computerization increases in developing countries, speedy credit searches, as used successfully for hire purchase agreements in South
Africa, could become much more widespread in the processing of micro-credit.
- Trade-off between outreach and sustainability of microfinance institutions: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
- What is cocoa sustainability? Mapping stakeholders’ socio-economic, environmental, and commercial constellations of priorities
- Impact assessment of commodity standards: towards inclusive value chains
- Development impact bonds: learning from the Asháninka cocoa and coffee case in Peru
- New approaches to MSME lending: challenging traditional credit assessment models in electronic cash-flow environments