It starts with defining a research issue and carrying out market research to find out what clients want, moves on to developing an initial product concept, refines the concept with input from customer focus
group discussions and finally pilot-tests the new product. This process has been used to launch new products that have boosted the profitability of organizations such as Equity Building Society, Kenya,
Tanzania Postal Bank and Buro Tangail, Bangladesh.
- Trade-off between outreach and sustainability of microfinance institutions: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
- What is cocoa sustainability? Mapping stakeholders’ socio-economic, environmental, and commercial constellations of priorities
- Impact assessment of commodity standards: towards inclusive value chains
- Development impact bonds: learning from the Asháninka cocoa and coffee case in Peru
- New approaches to MSME lending: challenging traditional credit assessment models in electronic cash-flow environments